October 11, 2008

MTV Promotes Poo Diving

MTV had a show that ran from 2000 to 2002 which basically showed a group of guys doing the most moronic stunts imaginable. It was called Jackass. If you grew up in the 1990's then you will most likely remember this show. I was only 11 when the show first premiered. My parents forbid me from watching it due to the graphic nature of the show, but I remember everyone at school was talking about it. Below is a clip from the show. 

This is what MTV was marketing to teens... 




Eleven-year-olds were talking about this show. They were watching it. They were laughing at it. They were even imitating the stunts performed on the show. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't think this is appropriate for children and teens to be watching. 

No comments: